Contract Works Insurance

Often referred to as Contractors All Risks or construction works, a Contract works insurance policy is a must for any builder whether they are commercial, residential or both.

The contract works policy is made of two policy sections:

  1. Material Damage – Insurance for the house/building/project whilst under construction. This section of the policy can also include Tools, existing structure, scaffolding, temporary sheds, materials on site etc.
  1. Legal Liability – The Public Liability section of this policy covers personal injury or property damage to third parties at the building site during the period of insurance. Under this policy cover is also available for vibration and weakening of supports to neighbouring buildings once policy requirements for such cover are met.

For more information about contract works insurance, download the document below:

Contract Works Insurance

Please contact our specialists for more information:

Craig Jennison

Phone: 02 9934 9770


Jaime De La Torre

Phone: 02 9934 9769

Additional information can be found via the following links:
icare (Insurance & Care NSW) is a Public Financial Corporation that delivers insurance and care services to the people of New South Wales.
NSW Fair Trading Provides Licensing and support to Tradespersons
State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) –
Regulates the home building compensation fund (HBCF) in NSW